Awards Committee Duties
The Department Awards Committee will review all department nominations and make recommendations to the DPS secretary on recipients for each award category.
1. The Secretary of the Department of Public Safety shall appoint a Department Awards Committee to evaluate the Badge of Excellence Award program, department level award nominations
2. The committee is composed of a diverse group of employees representing each division.
3. The committee will attend scheduled meetings during the Award nominatiion period.
4. Unless otherwise directed, the Department Awards Committee will review all award nominations and make recommendations to the secretary.
5. In order for the department to act on a nomination, a simple majority of the members must be present and a simple majority of those present must approve the nomination.
6. Committee members will participate in the planning and preparation for the Awards ceremony as well as attend the ceremony.
« this page last modified 02/01/18 »