DPS Badge of Excellence
|Badge of Excellence Nomination Form|
The award is presented in seven categories:
- Outstanding Achievement and Performance: consistently and substantially exceeds the expectations of the position, has made important and significant contributions in the area, and has furthered the mission of the department.
- Innovation and Efficiency: has significantly improved a work process or system, or has significantly increased the efficiency of an operation or unit; consistently seeks to improve the quality of work assigned; demonstrates efforts to expand work responsibilities.
- Public Service and Volunteerism: made outstanding contributions by participating in or implementing community and public service projects (such as volunteering with various non-profit organizations).
- Human Relations: made outstanding contributions toward enhancing the quality and morale of the workplace or creating a better public image of state government (such as positive personal interaction with other employees; public awareness; working on relations internally within an agency; or collaboration between different agencies).
- Customer Service: consistently and substantially demonstrates an ability and willingness to work positively, respectfully and effectively with others; has significantly improved customer service or has increased customer service in their section.
- Safety: commitment to promoting a safe working environment; demonstrated outstanding judgment, courage, self-possession or ability in an emergency; meritorious action to prevent injury, loss of life or prevent damage to or loss of property.
- Heroism: demonstrated outstanding judgment or courage in an emergency, voluntarily risking his/her life, or exhibited meritorious action to prevent injury, loss of life or prevented damage to or loss of property.
Employees are nominated for the award by other DPS employees including their supervisors, co-workers and subordinates. All exempt and non-exempt full-time and part-time employees are eligible to participate in this program. Employees who are on leave without pay, received a performance rating of less than “meets expectation,” or have active disciplinary actions are not eligible for recognition under this policy.
Anyone wishing to nominate a DPS employee for the Badge of Excellence is asked to complete a nomination form, The nomination period for this year is now open.
« this page last modified 03/10/17 »